Ariolo are a mammalian species resembling the centaurs of Earth legend, with four legs and two arms. They are large beings, massing nearly a half-tonne, and are covered in fine hair ranging in colour from mottled grey through brown and black. They have a slow metabolism, but when necessary can move extremely swiftly.
Ariolo are hedonistic, and very social. Pleasure is the central goal of individual Ariolo, and they love to throw and attend aferio, or parties, although the word "party" is a very weak translation. Ariolo have discriminating palates, and expend much energy both eating and cooking.
- Fitness 2 
- Intellect 2 
- Coordination 1 
- Presence 1 
- Empathy +2
- Psi 0 
- Artistic Expression (Cooking) AND (Music) 2 (3) (3)
- Culture (Ariolo) 2 (3)
- History (Ariolo) 1 (2)
- Language (Ariolo) 2
- Material Engineering (choose Specialisation) 1 (2)
- Physical Science (choose Specialisation) 1 (2)
- World Knowledge (Fillandia) 1 (2)
- Typical Traits:
- Artistic Ability (Cooking) +2, Engineering Aptitude +5, Excellent Chemoreception +2, Hedonist -1, Phobia (Claustrophobia) -3
Ariolo appeared in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home in the Federation Council Chamber. This writeup is a conversion of the FASA statistics published in the Star Trek IV Sourcebook.
- Submitted by Owen E. Oulton