- Halanans are a dark-skinned humanoid species with double-pointed ears. They are psychoprojective telepaths, with the ability to create extremely life-like illusions of themselves. Under extreme stress, Halanans may project an illusion involuntarily, falling unconscious in the process.
Halana recently terraformed an uninhabitable planet and established the colony of New Halana.
- Fitness 2 
- Coordination 2 
- Intellect 2 
- Presence 2 
- Empathy +1
- Psi 1 
- Range +1
- Artistic Expression (choose Specialisation) 1 (2)
- Culture (Halanan) 2 (3)
- History (Halanan) 1 (2)
- Halanan 2
- Psychoprojective Telepathy 2
- Science, Any (choose Specialisation) 2 (3)
- World Knowledge (Halana) or (New Halana) 1 (2)
- Typical Traits
- Involuntary Psychoprojection (Extreme Stress) -2, Impulsive -1
- New Skill: Psychoprojective Telepathy
- The character has the ability to project convincing illusions of him/herself. The illusions have no physicality, and a tricorder scan will visual image and a low-level energy pattern.
- New Disadvantage: Involuntary Psychoprojection
- Under extreme stress, the character may fall unconscious and project an illusion of him/herself. The illusory being may adopt a different persona with no knowledge of the character's actual self, and the character has no memory of his/her illusory self's actions. The projection rarely last longer than a few minutes, but on a critical failure of a Presence roll, the character may fall into a coma.
- A Halanan woman named Nidell Seytik, and her psychoprojective persona Fenna, appeared in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode Second Sight.
- Submitted by Owen E. Oulton