The N'Taku are an empathic humanoid species native to the world of Oran'taku in the Delphic Expanse. They are nearly indistinguishable from humans, although most possess a light build and none possess a heavy one. They are universally fair skinned and blond. Tattooing of the arms and chest is common. Their empathic abilities make them highly sought after as slaves and generally make them exceptionally well treated ones.
- Fitness 2 
- Coordination 2 
- Intellect 2 
- Presence 3 
- Empathy +1
- Psi 1 
- Range -1
- Any Science (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
- Charm (Seduction) 1 (2)
- Culture (N'Taku) 2 (3)
- History (N'Taku) 1 (2)
- N'Taku 2
- Persuasion (Story Telling) 1 (2)
- Projective Empathy 1
- World Knowledge (Oran'taku) 1 (2)
- Typical Advantages/Disadvantages
- Physical Impairment: May only learn Empathic Skills -1, Reduced Social Standing: Expected to be “property” when away from their home world -1, Sexy +2
- New Skill: Daydream (Psi)
- This skill is a cascade ability of N'taku Projective Telepathy. By sending strong sensations/emotions into a target, the Empath can create a sort lived euphoric state. At its most basic level, this enhances intimate involvement but can, in more skilled individuals, lead to a condition where the memories of the target are compromised, making the encounter seem like a "daydream" or hallucination.
- Cause a target to remain in a light euphoric state while in the user's presence. Skill tests using Seduction gain a +3 bonus.
- Cause user to be accepting of physical contact they would otherwise reject or find inappropriate. Skill tests using Seduction gain a +5 bonus.
- Cause a Target at no more than Short range that has seen the N'Taku for less than 30 seconds to forget they ever saw them.
- Cause a Target at no more than Medium range that has seen the N'Taku for less than 30 seconds to forget they ever saw them. This is the
longest range this ability can be used at. Cause a Target in Physical Contact with the user to dismiss a portion of a conversation, no longer than
1 minute in length, as if it never happened.
- Nearly Impossible:
- Cause a Target at no more than Point Blank range to dismiss a portion of a conversation, no longer than 30 seconds in length, as if it never happened. This is the longest range this ability may be used at.
- Submitted by John P Weatherman