To demonstrate the character conversion process, we'll start with a FASA Star Trek, The Role Playing Game character from the adventure module The Srrider Incident: Commander Winston Driveon, CMO of the USS Lexington. The basic format of the FASA character is similar to an ICON character: a section detailing the character's identity, posting, species and so on; a set of attribute scores; game-specific combat data; a list of known skills and skill levels; and finally a writeup detailing the character's history, description and personality.
- Name: DRIVEON, Dr. Winston
- Rank/Title: Commander
- Current Assignment: Galaxy Exploration Command,
- USS Lexington, NCC 1709
- Position: Chief Medical Officer
- Race: Human
- Sex: Male
- Combat Statistics:
|To-Hit Numbers-|| ||Bare-Hand Damage: 1D10 +4|
|Modern: 38|| ||AP:9|
|Significant Skills|| ||Rating|
|Administration || 52 |
|Carousing || 26 |
|Computer Operation || 72 |
|Damage Control Procedures || 32 |
|Environmental Suit Operation || 10 |
|Instruction || 35 |
|Andorian || 33 |
|Klingon || 22 |
|Life Sciences |
| Biology || 52 |
| Bionics || 40 |
| Botany || 33 |
|Life Support Systems Technology || 27 |
|Marksmanship, Modem || 21 |
|Medical Science |
| General Medicine, Andorian || 75 |
| General Medicine, Human || 89 |
| General Medicine, Vulcan || 41 |
| Psychology, Andorian || 53 |
| Psychology, Human || 83 |
|Personal Combat, Unarmed || 40 |
|Personal Weapons Technology || 09 |
|Physical Science, Mathematics || 32 |
|Planetary Science, Geology || 11 |
|Small Equipment Systems Operation || 25 |
|Social Sciences |
| Andorian Culture/History || 33 |
| Federation Culture/History || 35 |
| Federation Law || 15 |
|Space Science. Astronomy || 14 |
|Starship Sensors || 12 |
|Transporter Operation Procedures || 38 |
|Zero-G Operations || 17 |
- Distinguishing Physical Characteristics:
- The doctor has a round face, stark white hair, and a deep voice. He walks with long strides and has a rather sinister grin.
- Brief Personal History:
- Birthplace: Brooklyn. U.S.A.. Terra.
- Cadet Cruise, Merchant Marines Command, USS Farragut, 1 year.
- Star Fleet Training Command. USS Nightingale, 7 years.
- Galaxy Exploration Command, USS Saratoga, 6 years.
- Military Operations Command, USS Churchill, 6 years.
- Galaxy Exploration Command. USS Lexington, 1 year.
- Winston was born to a poverty-stricken family in the slums of Brooklyn. Earning a scholarship to Oxford University, he eventually got his doctorate in medicine. However, instead of doing work in the public sector, he joined Star Fleet Command. During the Four Years War, he earned the Legion of Merit for saving the lives of over 30
crewmen in the Battle of Kyros.
- The doctor is a practical joker. Teamed up with V'Shall, he has played practical jokes on almost every member of the crew. His favorite joke involved planting a z'thil, an Andorian whoopee cushion, in the Captain's seat. During the execution of his jokes, he always keeps a straight face.
- Doctor Driveon has an easy-come, easy-go attitude toward life. Because his Legion of Merit medal is important to him, he wears it all the time.
This page ©2003 Owen E. Oulton
Original character © by the original author.